Reply to Post

snipes824
March 23, 2023 @ 10:39 PM

Yes, I think anyone you spend time with on a regular basis because of work is someone you'd (the royal you, not you you) be better off being friendly with. Coworkers, vendors, customers, the doorman, the guys you see at the trade shows, whatever.

If you look around the sports media industry, everyone is very chummy with each other. NFL Network and ESPN folks, The Ringer people and the CBS Sports people. When someone gets a new job, there's a million "well deserved!" responses from everyone. When someone gets laid off, there's a million "you are one of the smartest people I know, anybody would be lucky to have you" responses. It's because there's a camaraderie there. The only people who don't seem to interact are the news breakers (Woj vs. Shams, Rapaport vs. Schefter), but the opinion people and the analysts and the beat guys? They all joke around with each other on Twitter and seem friendly.

But there's no "should" here. Everyone can act entirely how they want. It's just my unqualified, outside opinion that isolating yourself could be part of the reason everything doesn't feel great. Or it couldn't.

Post Preview