From The Stands - Northwestern 2021

Nov 28, 2021

I'm in the press conference right now trying to publish this from my phone. Haven't done that in a while so this is gonna be one of those "hope this works!" articles.

Well, this isn't an "article". It's just some words before I post the audio. I should probably just shut up and get to the audio. Which is just me wandering around the field in the middle of the celebration. Having the time of my life.

(Edit: Two hours later I go to check to see if it published and... it didn't. So here it is now. Maybe.)

Comments

PowerGranger on November 27, 2021 @ 09:40 PM

I’m with family in Arizona and didn’t get to watch the game. Thanks for bringing it home.

purcy51 on November 27, 2021 @ 11:49 PM

If you'd told me in August that I'd be as happy as I am about a 5-7 season I would have laughed you out of the room.. It feels like we've turned a corner. Obviously we need to wait and see what happens in future seasons to be sure. However, I hope we'll point to this season as the one that solidly set the foundation. Had we not won today, and won the way we did, I think I'd feel differently. What a way to finish the season! So happy for the seniors and every player on the team!

purcy51 on November 27, 2021 @ 11:53 PM

One more thing, have you ever thought of doing these posts as a video, perhaps just after big wins like this one? Would be great to see some of the celebration.

PowerGranger on November 28, 2021 @ 10:26 AM

That would be cool but probably difficult to get approval.

Robert on November 29, 2021 @ 03:40 PM

I don't think approval would be necessary. I have a credential and am allowed on the field. The local TV crews are there on the field filming everything.

My hesitation would be the authenticity. I don't think any of the interactions I had in this recording would have happened if people saw me carrying a selfie stick around filming everything with my phone.

That, and people always try to get on camera when they see one. So it would take away from the vibe of the whole thing.

ktal on November 28, 2021 @ 10:30 AM

Loved it. Thanks for sharing those moments.